Our counseling offer is costumized for trans* people and people who have questions around gender identity.
Also friends, partners, family and other people that are close to a trans* person are welcome. In addition we offer counseling for professionals that have questions around the topic.
With trans* we are referring to everyone who is partly, not or not always identifying with their assigned gender at birth. This could be transsexuals, transgender, crossdresser, transvestites,
genderqueers or non-binary people....)
We do not consider transgenderedness as being an illness or a disorder. Rather we belief that it is an expression of a plurality of possibilities to live gender.
We think that everyone has the right to define their own gender. Neither courts, the medical system nor pychology can do that. Trans* is for everybody.
We offer counseling about the following topics
· Questions regarding gender identity
· Clarifying wishes and aims
· Coming Out
· Relationships, social surrounding, family
· Work, school, education, studying
· changing ones name and gender marker (Namens- und Personenstandsänderung)
· medical treatment / possibilities (e.g. hormonal therapy or operations)
· other questions concerning the transition
· other topics in which being trans* has an impact